Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, November 1, 2010

Travel Info and Such

Hello everyone...just thought I would pass on this update we received from Iver on Saturday, October 30:

Hello Parents and Sister:

This week has been hectic: On Monday right after I emailed you, I got a call telling me they were going to pick me up on Tuesday and not Monday. I traveled to Salt Lake on Wednesday, and am at the MTC. We went yesterday to sign our "conpromisos" at the Mexican Consulate. I'll receive my flight plans Monday or Tuesday for Mexico, and be leaving as soon as Monday night (though I doubt that). I don't think I'll have much of an advanced notice to let you know when, so please don't be upset if I call you at 1 a.m. from the airport on some day next week (probability: slight).

Another thing: I started having bad stomach pains on Monday, saw the doctor on Thursday (the soonest I could get there), they stole my blood (twice, once on Thursday, and once yesterday), and told me I have a stomach ulcer, which is funny because I never imagined I would get one of those. He gave me some pills and some instructions to get it healed, and it shouldn't affect my traveling at all, so don't worry about that. I'm doing just fine, and the doctor thinks so too.

Other than that, it's been difficult re-adjusting to the life at the MTC, which is a lot slower and not nearly as fun as the field. It's a good opportunity to study and to do things I needed to do (I bought a picture of President Monson and laminated it. Boo-ya.) and get geared up for when my life really actually turns into all Spanish. Speaking of, my Spanish is doing really well. I understand about 98% of what I hear and read, so that's a bonus, and my accent is one of the best one's in my district of 28. I'm pretty stoked to get down to the land of Nephi's inheritance!

I love you!
I'm doing well!!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment