Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, October 25, 2010

MEXICO CITY!!!

Dear Family and Friends (who are also family, even if they don't know it),
This week was a nice one. It's as cold as ice up here now, and I was saved at the last moment by good thinking on my Mother's part. I was able to borrow a coat from the mission office, which I actually have to return very soon. It was warm, and it worked. Thank you.
We were able to teach some good lessons and to help some very wonderful families come closer to the Savior. We taught the Munoz family, who want to be sealed in the temple, and the Arriaga family who want a church for their kids to grow up in. They both know it's true, but haven't accepted it yet. It's too bad that I won't be able to be at their baptisms.
I got a letter this week from my Dad that said I was going to be leaving soon, and i was like "great.... there we go getting Elder Johnson's hopes up." I thought that for two or so days, then President Palmer called me and told me in his goofy half New-Zealand-half-Texas accent that my Visa had come through and they were shipping me out on tuesday. That was cool. Then I got a call from the Mission Office telling me that they had decided to send me out a day earlier, and that they were going to pick me up tonight. Needless to say, It's a good day, and a frazzled day. I'll be in Mexico very soon. Not too long from now. Yup.
I've had the oportunity to learn some great things. One, for instance, was paitence. Yup. Another was obediance. In Mexico, I may not have learned this principal, but here in Warsh-ington, under the hands of the masters of obediance themselves, yes even Elders Arcia, Gleed, and Tapia, and President Palmer, I was able to learn this principal and will apply it in Mexico. Sweet.
I love you all!
I'm sorry that I won't be writing any letters on paper this week.... I have to pack. I love you!
Elder Johnson


1 comment:

  1. YAY! FINALLY! <3
    i think my last letter got lost somewhere in this crazy location change, but i'll be sure to write another! glad to know all is well (:

    ReplyDelete