Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, October 18, 2010

Howdy!

On October 18, 2010 Elder Johnson wrote:

Family and Friends:
Greetings from way up north.

This week we tracted into this little old lady. She was really nice, and she let us come in and talk to her and her husband, while she sat and sewed in her rocking chair. We had a wonderful lesson with her and her husband, and we set it up nicely to introduce the Book of Mormon, and when we took it out and started talking about it, I thought she was going to die...She got all red and was really upset, telling us about how false it was, and about how she had the Bible, and didn't need another one (it reminded me of 2 Nephi 29: 6-7, you can look that up on page 110 of the Book of Mormon, or on lds.org). I was sure at one point that she would get up and try to stab us with her needle...Nice old lady. I hope she at least lets someone tell her more about the Book of Mormon before she dies. She'd make a killer relief society president. We also tracted into this guy, who was busy at the moment, and didn't want to talk to us. We were telling him about how we believe that God has restored the true church that Christ set up, through a prophet. One of my companions asked if he believed if that was possible and he squared up his shoulders and looked deep into my eyes and said, "Si. Yo soy." So that was weird. Yup. He said come back later. We'll see how that goes.

I didn't take any pictures this week...But I'll try to do better next week.

I haven't heard any news about my Visa for Mexico yet. I know from someone somewhere that the travel office at the empty sea (MTC) and such are really working their butts off trying to get those things done for us. I appreciate that. I emailed the president to ask him if he has heard anything, but he hasn't written me back. It's starting to get cold here, and I hadn't come prepared to deal with that...So he'll let me know what I should do. Other than that, I'm enjoying the opportunity I have to be the zone leader's companion. We have the opportunity to go on "exchanges" every few days, which lets me meet new missionaries, and learn lots of new things, such as teaching styles. We have been doing good work out here in Othello First ward.

I love you all and hope you are doing well!

Elder Iver Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment