Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, November 8, 2010

Howdy!


On Monday, November 8, 2010 Elder Johnson Wrote:

Dear Family and Friends:

Well...this week has been strange. For one thing, Mexico is not hot. Especially here. The mornings are chilly and it hasn't gotten above 70 degrees here. Luckily, I have a sweater that my old companion, Elder Tapia didn't fit which he gave to me. The food is good and I haven't eaten anything too hot, yet. We are in a ward called Industrial. We have this apartment that is small. When we got there (another elder and I split up a companionship and an area, and we had to move to our area) we did not have running water. After some repairs that took most of the afternoon on Saturday, we now have running water, and an even bigger blessing: lukewarm running water (it's a lot better to shower in than cold water...just trust me on that one). We don't have cockroaches in our apartment (they wouldn't fit--they are big!) which is good. The floors are cement and the walls are cinderblocks. It's a nice place.

My companion is not from the states, but from Sonora, Mexico. He looks (to me, now don't get all offended) like Dustin Kendall but the size of Jared Kendall. It's weird because I'll want to say something to him in English, but he doesn't speak a lick of it. He only knows "holy cow." Speaking of cows, the milk in Mexico is different also. It comes in a box and keeps forever and you only have to refrigerate it after you open it. Yup.

I didn't get any pictures of myself this week, I just didn't seem to have time. I'm sorry.

I love you all!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment