Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, June 27, 2011

Howdy!

On June 27, 2011 Elder Johnson wrote:

Hello Everyone!

This week was a good one! We were able to have Ana get baptized, and her son will be following very soon! We are continuing to find a lot of really great people, but for some odd reason they are not coming to church. I guess we have to work a lot on that and we will do it.

Today, our presidents are switching . Goodbye Presidente Nancollas, hello Presidente Call. I am excited to have my first interview with him this Friday, and get to know him and his wife. The mission is sad to see President Nancollas go, but they'll get over it. We are going to go forward!

I studied the atonement this week, and I came across something cool (while talking with Elder Schultz). There was a part on the cross when Jesus asks God, "Why hast thou forsaken me?" In order for Jesus to know how to help us through everything, he had to pass through everything. I can't imagine being 100% alone and dying. He and His Father made the conscious decision to let him pass through that so that we, when we feel alone and ask God, "Where are you?! Why did you leave me alone?", we are never actually alone. Never ever are we alone. It was a cool study and it made me appreciate the atonement a bit more.

I hope you all are well. I love you all. I appreciate your prayers on my behalf.

Elder Iver Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment