Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, April 25, 2011

Howdy!


On April 25, 2011 Elder Johnson wrote:

Greetings!

It was nice to receive all of your birthday wishes! I appreciate them all! Thank you so much!

This week we were able to baptize three! Woohoo! Karen, Kevin, and Kenneth! It was cool to think that twenty years ago I was born, and twenty years later I was standing in a baptismal font helping three people be "born again" (about the same time, relatively).

After we got out of the font, Kenneth told me, "That was so cool! I feel so great! I wish I could be baptized ten more times!" It was a great feeling yesterday as we celebrated together. We had warm water, too. That makes the first time on my mission, it was nice!

As the week progressed, the celebrations did too. My companion and I saw a parade as we were knocking doors, with a bunch of roman soldiers leading a guy with a big beard carrying a cross. They were followed by a HUGE procession of people. That explained why absolutely no one was answering their doors. My companion told me that there is a place in Mexico City where they do the same thing, except at the end they nail the poor guy to the cross. You just don't see that in the states.

Well, I love you all!

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment