Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, May 2, 2011

Howdy!

On May 2, 2011 Elder Johnson Wrote:

My habits, my friends, my family: they mean so much to me.

Hello:

Welp, this week we were able to baptize two more! Woot woot! But I don't have my camera, so I can't send the pictures. Matilde, grandma of Kevin, Karen and Kenneth, was baptized as well as Lorena, who started investigating the church over a year ago! It was cool to see them get baptized and have five confirmations this Sunday! It took up a lot of time, but it was so cool to see the ward's faces when they announced we would be confirming five people!

Woo Hoo!!

Well this week, I will have the opportunity to call my family. That's exciting. We'll be doing it on Sunday in the evening, and I'll give you a call Sunday morning to give you the number and the exact time. I'm excited to call you once again!

This will be the last full month for Presidente Nancollas. He is feeling ready to go home, I can tell, but he is finishing strong. He invited a visitor to come speak to our mission in about two weeks. We are all very excited to meet him. I have never spent time with a General Authority of his rank before. We are all excited to meet Quintin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and to learn from him.

Well, I love you all and hope you are well. I wish I had more time to write, but I don't.

Elder Johnson


From Michelle:

Some tidbits from a personal letter he sent to me...

"I do cook a lot. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a lot of muffins (I sent him a muffin tin and lots of mixes in his last package when he mentioned he has an oven in his apartment, Iver loves muffins)."

Answering if he was eating any yummy fruit: "If you call guayaba and papaya yummy, then yes. They are an acquired taste."

"I am getting some pouch mail..." (I'm sure he would LOVE to get more!)

"I hear from Kevin and Olive and Grandma J. I got a package from Olive, it was a valentine with some candy, and one from her and Ashleen, with homemade peanut butter and a swell tie."

"Let's just say that my feet enjoy sleeping at night."

"Hola to the Capitol Hill Ward."

And "Happy Birthday, Mommy. I love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment