Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, April 18, 2011

Howdy!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELDER JOHNSON!!!!! He is very loved!!!

On April 18, Elder Johnson wrote:

This week I had a few adventures. I got out of being robbed twice this week. Let's just say there are a lot of drunk bums around here. They aren't even happy, just drunk. It was cool though, because they all went away very, very confused.

The kids here are pretty cool. They like it when you join in on their soccer games, and are always willing to talk to you. I wish their parents would learn from them. That would be good.
So, here is a little known fact about Mexico (little known because I didn't know it before now): it rains in Mexico. A lot. There are many floods that happen, actually, as a result of it. This week I am thankful for my umbrella, because I have been using it a lot lately. It rains basically from 4:30 to 7:00, nonstop. Things are starting to be very green here.

This week we also had transfers, and Elder Norlund got transferred. I am now here with Elder Martinez, who so far seems like a good guy.

This week we are planning on having six baptisms, I hope that all goes well! They are: Matilde, Kevin, Kenneth, Karen, Josephina, and Carlos. We are pretty excited and will be breaking our backs for them this whole week. I hope it all goes well! We knocked into a guy named Manfred who is a great guy, but who has some problems with drugs, we are helping him to get over those problems and to get some Jesus in his life. These people are really wonderful people and I hope you will pray for them!

This week is "la semana santa" translated to : the holy week, which has a lot to do with the Catholic celebration of Easter. They have weird things going on all week long, and none of the kids are in school. It's a bit strange to see all the kids around, usually they are all in school right now. We had fireworks going on yesterday during church (the neighbors) and there seems to be a lot more drinking and going to church than usual.

Well, I love you all!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment