Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, January 24, 2011

Howdy!



Family and Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Welp, yesterday Dilan and Gad were baptized. It was a really special service. Their parents had the opportunity to say the opening and the closing prayer, and I know they felt the spirit. When the time for the ordinance came, we found out that the water was really cold. There was almost ice floating in it! Our efforts (which cost us the whole of Sunday morning) to have warm water were in vain. Oh well, life goes on, noses get the sniffles...We are going to try to help their parents, Graciela and Juan Carlos get baptized this month, but they need to get married before. They are going to be pretty excited when we tell them that their son, Dilan, will be able to baptize them. They invited us to eat at their house after the service. We had clams, which is the first sea food I have eaten on my mission. I later found out that they were river clams. I still haven't had sea food.

I sent you a picture of Benjamin, also.

I received my Christmas package with my backpack in it! It's pretty dang sweet, and all the other missionaries in my district are jealous of it.

My new companion is named Elder Delgado. He is from Lima, Peru. He is just shorter than I and has a funny accent (they all do from the south) but I'm really excited to work with him. I am still in the same area. This will be the third transfer in a row for me. I'm starting to get to know the members well.

I hope you are all well. I thank you all for the love and such, including but not limited to: food, candies, and material goods that you sent me for Christmas. I love you!

Elder Johnson


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to Elder Johnson on January 19!! This is when he finally received all of his Christmas packages, including ours! I will definitely send it off at the beginning of November next year!

    ReplyDelete