Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, January 10, 2011

Howdy!

On January 10 Elder Johnson Wrote:

Family and Friends!

This week my companion and I received a reference of an old guy, from a family in our ward. It was funny because one of the members took us to meet him and we found out that it was on a street we had knocked just a few days before, but had but had decided not to knock his door because we saw him yelling at a delivery man as we knocked the house next to him. As it turns out, he really loves the gospel, he even went to church and committed himself to be baptized! His name is Benjamin. This week we are helping him quit smoking, something he has done for 62 years, since he was 14 years old. We are planning on fasting for him this week, and would appreciate your prayers on his behalf.

This week we helped a lady in our ward move a huge pile of dirt into her yard. It took Elder Contreras and I three hours, but with faith, mountains move. Just like that one did. The next day, I could hardly lift my arms up, but I had a good feeling from doing service, of the which is hard to come across in Mexico. I always have enjoyed that kind of work.

We had tongue yesterday for lunch. It is the second time I have had tongue on my mission, the first time in Washington from a nice lady who looks just like my Grandma Johnson, but speaks very little English, mostly Spanish. Tongue is very tender, surprisingly, and has an excellent flavor, especially when you eat it with rice and beans and tortillas. If you haven't tried it, it's called "lengua" in your local Mexican cantina. It's worth a try.

I hope you are all well. Please excuse the lack of pictures this week. We had a very busy week, and not very much time to take pictures.

I love you!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment