Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Howdy!



On March 26, 2012 Elder Johnson wrote:

Hello!

Well this week was interesting. My companion hasn't quite opened up this week, but we keep trying. I'm hoping that soon we will be able to make some progress. As soon as we do, we are going to be good friends. I just need to find a way into his shell.

We are teaching a family that lives in two wards (the parents are divorced). All the children who live in the other ward all got baptized, and now we are praying for the mom and the other sister here in our ward. The mom is named Virginia and the daughter is named Berenice. The mom has recently given up smoking, and so we hope that she continues with not smoking. We are visiting them everyday so that she doesn't do it. We are also teaching a young woman named Liliana who has made the decision to be baptized the first week in April. She is excited and happy. We are hoping to find more families this week so that they can come to church and be baptized and be happy!

I am stating to feel funny, being one of the "ancient" missionaries. It's strange to think that shortly I'll be home again and in a few months I'll be back in school. Time is going by fast, it seems like yesterday that I got to my first area here in Mexico.

I am hoping that in the next few weeks I can go see Benjamin and the other people I taught in my old area. It will be good to see them again.

Love:

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment