Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, July 11, 2011

Howdy!

Iver art!! Yes it is!! This past week, we had the awesome surprise of coming home to letters from Mexico in the mailbox!! CRAZY-WONDERFUL!!

Iver and Shakira, ever since moving to the city, have a thing about pigeons. They could literally spend hours watching them and laughing. In his letter to Shakira, Iver introduced her to a funny little smaller breed, the pigeoncito. He described their pigeon antics, in miniature. Needless to say, Shak cannot wait to go to Mexico City next summer to see them for herself!


The letters were so wonderful and full of love. We are so blessed!

On July 11, 2011 Elder Johnson wrote:

Family and Friends:

I hope you are all well and have not drowned. It seems that up in Colorado, the sky is trying to kill you. Here we have been swimming also. It rains now everyday at exactly five o'clock. You can literally tell time by it. I have been wearing my waterproof shoes, because it is just a pain to try and dry the other ones out after a rainy day. It takes about two days to get them completely dry. All the streets here flood, because ALL of the drains are blocked with stuff. I think that part of the reason God had me go to Washington was so that I would only have to pass through the rainy season once. He's a smart guy and really does take care of His children. Ha ha.

Today was transfer day, and as it turns out, it looks like I have something yet to learn from Elder Schultz. We are still together, and will be for at least a few more weeks. We have been working hard, and getting wet, and he has been getting sick. Poor guy hasn't been able to sleep for two days. He looks pretty sick. Keep him in your prayers.

This week we will be working hard so we can have some baptisms and make some converts. It will be a good week, and I'm excited for it! I hope I don't get too wet this week. I love you all!!!!!

Elder Iver Johnson

2 comments:

  1. I hope his companion feels better soon! Maybe they need more Vitamin C... and I don't feel like such a creep checkin' on the weather there now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check on the weather there, too, Miss Olive. Every day!

    ReplyDelete