Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, March 7, 2011

Howdy!

On March 7, Elder Johnson wrote:

Family and Friends:

Well, first off, I am supposed to let you know (by order of one of the assistants) not to send me jelly in packages anymore. Ha ha. It was a specific order from him, so...Thanks for the jelly, I appreciated it. I have absolutely no problem cleaning it off of anything, considering it was a package sent out of love, but the assistant did not (he blows everything out of proportion anyway...and sent an email to the entire mission about it). Ok, I told you, it's out of my hands. It smelled like really good jelly, though.
Bummer.

This week we were able to baptize Ignacio, which makes a complete family in the gospel. I'm pretty stoked about that. It was a good experience this week, as my companion and I listened to the spirit and were able to literally save him from falling into temptation, and he was able to overcome the adversary and be baptized.

I was transferred into the state of Mexico, I actually don't know exactly what it is called yet, but here I am, in the biggest city I have ever been in, jam-packed full of people. My apartment is pretty small, but we have a gas stove and an oven, which is very rare in the mission. My companion's name is Elder Norland, another white kid from California. He is a great guy and appears to be a hard worker.

Well, I love you all and hope you are doing great!

Elder Johnson

Mosiah 2:41 (Book of Mormon)

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end, they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

No comments:

Post a Comment