Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Howdy!

On Monday, March 28, 2011 Elder Johnson wrote:

Family and Friends:

I hope you are all well this week! We were able to have interviews with our president this week, which is really cool. He is getting ready to go back home, and we'll be switching presidents in June. I'm excited to meet our new president, but I'll be bummed to see President Nancollas go. He is a good leader and knows what he is doing. This week I got pretty sick again and we had to stay home all of Friday because I couldn't make it too far out the door without puking. It was an adventure. I puked a few times outside, in the gutter. There really isn't anything much more pathetic than a little white boy puking his guts out in Mexico. That's OK, what doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger (and wiser). I'm doing much better now, and can eat again.

We were able to have two people in church this week, Josefina and her son, Carlos. They loved church, and we hope they can come back again. If they can, they will be baptized on the tenth of April. Woah. It's almost April...That's cool.

This week is general conference, and I can't tell you how excited I am. Being on a mission really opens your eyes to how important a prophet really is for us in this day and age, and I'm so excited to hear what God has to say through President Monson. I hope you all take notes and study their words, I definitely will be.

I love you!
Elder Johnson

P.S. Mom: I got the package. Thank you so much for your love and support. I hope you have fun in Vegas, and send a lot of love to Fred from Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment