Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Howdy!

On November 21, Elder Johnson wrote:

Well All You Happy People:

Here I am in San Juan del Rio, Queretero. It's a charming town that is filled with tons of tourist things to do. I will have to take some pictures. The center is pretty cool, a lot of stores and a lot of cool little restaurants and such. The majority of the members here are pretty rich; this week we went out to lunch with two different members. I ate the best tasting meal I have ever had in Mexico in a fancy restaurant in the center.

We are teaching some really nice people. Right now we are teaching a lady named Vanessa who has three daughters, two little ones and one who is grown-up and out of the house. She is divorced and struggling to find a church to join. We taught her about the restoration and the Book of Mormon and she is starting to see that it is true. She is wanting to go to church this Sunday, I sure hope she does!! That would be sweet, and she will be super blessed.

It's good to hear that Bernie and Tyson are back. I hope you tell Tyson "hi" and Bernie "hola."

I'm getting along will with my companion, he is a good guy. It is refreshing to have a companion from Mexico. I am getting better everyday in my Spanish. He is a funny guy and likes to work. We have decided to work with the inactive members in the ward, and get them back to church.

I love you all!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Elder Iver Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment