Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Howdy!

On November 2, 2011 Elder Johnson wrote:

Friends and Family:

Well this week was a good one. We spent a good three days helping Fidel and Mariana get married, and later we helped Mariana get baptized! It was such a good weekend! Teresa and Eusebio came to church again and as they were there, they asked me, "where can we pay our tithing?" That was a really cool thing to see, especially because they don't have any income right now (Eusebio is very sick and cannot work) and any and all the money they get goes to buy food for their sweet little girls. Teresa has such faith in the promises of the law of tithing and will be blessed immensely for that. We also had three new people come to church this week, Patricia, Karen, and Maricela. It was a miracle that they came this week! They liked it a lot and we hope they will continue to progress.

This week was Dia De Los Muertos, and it was pretty cool, they celebrated it three days here (the first day is normal Halloween, and the other two are the "official" holiday). All three days the kids go trick or treating all dressed up. I took a couple pictures, but my computer won't let me take them off my memory, so I'll have to send them later.

We are going to the temple this week! I am really excited because I have not been for a long, long time, for about eight months, I think. It is going to be fantastic to feel the spirit and to have a great time there.

I hope you all are well, and are all happy!

Love:
Elder Iver Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment