Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, December 13, 2010

Howdy!

On Monday, December 13 Elder Johnson wrote:

Hello Family and Friends!

Well this week is going to be difficult. It's the first time I have ever taken over an area, so it will shake things up a bit. It will show me how much I remember concerning investigators, Spanish, and member's names and addresses.

It's interesting being here around Christmas time. Most of the families have a tree and such, but what takes the cake are the nativity sets that they have. I've seen some that take up the whole front yard. Honestly, I don't know where they keep those things in the off-season. Yesterday was the birthday of the Virgin of Guadalupe. There were fireworks all night and hootin' and hollerin' until the wee hours of the morning. I find this funny because most people have no idea where Guadalupe is or how the belief in her (the virgin) came to be. It reminds me of a scripture in the Book of Mormon where someone (I don't remember who or where it is and I don't have one close to look it up) is talking about convincing the Lamanites of the wicked traditions of their fathers, and such. It feels a lot like what we're trying to do.

I don't have much else to say right now. I think that's because of the lack of sleep from last night.

I hope you are all well! I love you! Thank you for your prayers on my behalf!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment