Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

On August 10, 2010 Elder Johnson Wrote:

Hello Family and Such!

First order of business for those who are concerned: I am sorry I have been spending so much money. I've had some medical such and such creep up. I have a bad "head cold" right now, and I needed to get some medicine, and last week I had to get a shot, and before that was the doctor visit I had for my headaches. So needless to say, I've spent a lot on trying to feel better. I am sorry.

I love you guys so much!

Elder Sonntag and Elder Hawkins left yesterday, early in the morning. They are now in Portland. My new companion is Elder Ballard, my district leader. We get along well and are having a good time so far. He is cool. We have the opportunity to go to the temple everyday, which is great. The rest of the day is basically study time. According to the MTC, missionaries who are delayed are just here eating food and taking up room until they leave. It was pretty hard, though, to see those guys go out to their missions. All we can do is pray and eat the otter pops that the sisters in the travel office have for delayed missionaries. I guess it could be worse. We aren't required to go to the Call Center anymore...so that's cool. We probably still will to stay awake.

I was reading in the Doctrine and Covenants this week and had a cool moment as I was studying section 90 verses 14-16. But these verses use the same wording as a part in my Patriarchal Blessing, and got me thinking about that.

Being sick is making me terribly tired, and sluggish which I don't like. So I'm sorry I'm not going into too much detail.

I received an assignment from my branch presidency to go to the temple everyday, and to learn how to prepare talks and give them without ever writing them down. It's good to know that I have an assignment. Gives me something to focus on.

There are 130 missionaries going to Mexico delayed before me, so the chances of being reassigned are pretty thin. I'm not too worried, though. I know that I'm stuck here for a reason, I just need to figure out what that is and work hard on it. Mine adversity and afflictions will be but a small moment.

I love you guys! I have about ten minutes left. I'm going to log off and if I think of anything else I want to tell you, I have time during laundry.

I love you!

Elder Iver Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment