Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Howdy!

On August 3, 2010 Elder Johnson Wrote:

Hello Family, Friends and Those Not of This World!

Well...Elder Sonntag leaves in a week. He leaves on Monday morning at the crack of dawn. It will be cool to see him off. After he leaves, I'll be companions with my district leader, who is also waiting for a Visa. Next Monday will be the last time we have an actual teacher, our "old" teachers will receive a brand new baby, smelling strongly of plastic and machinery, district, and we will be kicked out. The cool part is: we have the whole day to study, and go to the temple. Guess where I'll be as often as I can get my companion to go? That's right!! The temple!!

But with all this change is ushered in the opportunity to be temporarily reassigned. Montana, Mississippi, New York. There are a lot of possibilities within the U.S. of A. Where, oh where will it be? The average missionary is receiving his Visa about four to eight weeks after he is supposed to leave the MTC. Which could be worse. It'd be kind of cool to be able to actually learn Spanish in the field somewhere, before going to Mexico to be laughed at. Keepin' my fingers crossed and my knees raw.

I was reading in the scriptures this week, and I came to a word I didn't know, so I grabbed my Spanish dictionary to look it up. Then I realized the word was in Spanish, then I realized I was reading Spanish, then I realized I was reading the SCRIPTURES in Spanish. That was cool. I understand about 95% of them now. I really enjoy the first part of Mosiah and King Benjamin's conference talk. I highly recommend it. I also enjoyed, this week, Alma chapters 40 to 42. Good reading if you do so prayerfully.

Other than that, the week has been like the others, except I had my first good experience in the Call Center! I talked to Alisha in Baltimore, who is struggling with drugs and wants to "say 'yes' to Jesus." Please pray for her, she would really appreciate it. I'm going to go put her name on the Prayer List at the temple here in about thirty minutes. She's really nice.

Mom, I hope you are doing well. I appreciated the package and ate the cucumbers right up! I hope you received my map. I'm sending you a letter today about something I have spent time pondering and praying about which directly involves you, and something I believe the Lord needs your help with. Expect that letter via USPS. I love you!

That about wraps it up on this end! I love you! I miss you! I pray for you!

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment