Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dreamin'...

On July 20, 2010 Elder Johnson Wrote:

You know you have been at the MTC for a long time when your dreams end in "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." That, my friends, is weird.

Hello Family, Friends, and Those I Love!!

Well only three weeks left in the clin-I mean the MTC. Three weeks left for my companions! No visa for me quite yet. I might be here a while yet.

All here is...the same. Still waking up every morning with a smile (my companions are NOT morning people, and don't smile till around 10:00 or so), and going to class. Still learning and teaching. Still doing my best in the call center. Same old.

We had a cool experience this week. Last Thursday, Elder Sonntag and Co. auditioned for the devotional musical number, and were chosen (we all knew they would be) to perform the next devotional, now two days ago on Sunday. It was cool to see his mug up on the screen singing like a pro. He's gotten, so far, around 226 comments since then on how it was "the best performance in eight weeks" and such. It was cool to be the proud companion on the sidelines, occasionally frantically signing to him to stop playing with the bottom of his jacket. Good ol' Elder Sonntag.

I had a request to write my testimony in Spanish in my next email, which I am willing to attempt to oblige:
Yo se que vive nuestro Redentor y Salvador. Yo se que no podemos sentir solo en este mundo porque Jesucristo sufrio y murrio por nosotros. Yo se que Dios envio su hijo, Jesucristo, para que nosotros tuvieramos una manera a venir a nuestro Dios y padre. Yo se que Jose Smith fue e es un profeta de Dios. You se que porque El es el mismo ayer, hoy, y para siempre tenemos un profeta en el mundo hoy. Su nombre es Thomas S Monson, y las palabras de El son las palabras de Dios. Yo se que El habla con Dios cada dia. Dios nos ama, mucho mucho mucho! Dios dio familias para que nosotros pudieramos aprender, ensenar, amar, y tener gozo y feliz. !Yo se que mediante la Expiacion de nuestro Salvador podemos regresar a Dios para siempre con nuestras familias! !Que gran es esa bendicion! Escribo estas cosas en el nombre de nuestro Senor, el hojo de Dois, Jesucristo, Amen.

I received a package from the ward last week! It was wonderful and full of missionary-minded goodies! I am so thankful for it and for all the prayers and works that go on behind the scene to get me to where I am going! I thank our Father in Heaven everyday for the support I enjoy! I know that there are hundreds of people, some who aren't yet alive or who have already received their promotion praying for me! I love them and so look forward to seeing them someday!

I love you! I miss you!
Elder Iver Johnson

Thanks mom for the pants and the package!!! They fit and we loved the little baggies!!!


On July 13, 2010 Elder Johnson Wrote to His Mom:

.....I just got back from a devotional where I learned about love and hard work. It was great, but not what I really learned about. I was told by the spirit that, yes, it's two years. Yes, it's a long time; but my family and those I care about will be taken care of. It made me happy and made me feel better about that.

The spirit is such a great tool.

When I am teaching, and if I'm prepared, I won't lack words to use or say. If I have prepared and practiced and petitioned for the spirit, and I come to a word in Spanish I don't remember, the spirit shows me the way around it, or different words to use instead.

...I put one of our family pictures out so I can see it everyday!

I love you, mom!

Love:
Elder Iver Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment