Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, February 20, 2012

Howdy!

On February 20, 2012 Elder Johnson wrote:

Hello Friends:

This week we might just see a miracle. Silvia told us that she wants to get baptized. Her kids have not made that decision, but she has. We are soooooo excited and ready to see her get baptized. We also will have the baptism of a man named Eusebio. He is very excited about being baptized, and setting the example for his family. We are working hard on finding new people to teach, and we are hoping that this week we will be able to find some new families. The scriptures tell us to "ask and it shall be given" and we've been asking a lot for families. We will have this week a special meeting with Presidente/Elder Johnson (he's a seventy) which should be wonderful and spiritual. After a brief conversation with him about a month ago, we found that our families are related through some people in the Nauvoo era. It'll be cool receiving help and guidance from a distant relative.

Last week I went to D.F. (Mexico City) to sign my visa (it feels good to be legal again) with none other than my buddy Elder Glover. We had a great time, and it was so cool to see him speak perfect Spanish. He is a district leader close to my old area in Hidalgo, and is having wonderful success. It reminds me of the scripture in Alma 29: 14-17:


14 But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi.

15 Behold, they have labored exceedingly, and have brought forth much fruit; and how great shall be their reward!

16 Now, when I think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy.

17 And now may God grant unto these, my brethren, that they may sit down in the kingdom of God; yea, and also all those who are the fruit of their labors that they may go no more out, but that they may praise him forever, and may God grant that it may be done according to my words, even as I have spoken. Amen


I marvel in seeing my friends work and return from missions, and my joy is a lot knowing that they have worked and brought our brethren unto God again.

Please give Spencer a hug for me.

Love:

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment