Mexico, Mexico City North Mission

Mexico, Mexico City North Mission
MEXICO, MEXICO CITY NORTH MISSION

Monday, September 5, 2011

Howdy!

On September 5, Elder Johnson wrote:

Well, this week was a long one, but boy are we happy! We were able to bring three new people to church this week: Martha, Ivon, and Luis, and also Marcela (who already went). We should start the baptizing ball a rollin' here soon!

This week we moved. We used to live in the pueblo of Gerrero, but now we live in the pueblo of San Juan Tepa, and live right by the chapel where our branch meets. It's not as pretty on this side of our area, however, it is a lot closer to where we have more work. It is, however, a lot darker here.

We sure do eat a lot in this area. A lot of nopales and a lot of chicken. They cook better out here, though, so I don't complain. We had to chase a big, old spider out of our new house, but other than that no bugs. I am having a good time getting to know the people here. All the little kids like to talk to me. They always ask me silly questions.

I have been studying a lot in the Book of Mormon lately. I really feel close to those missionaries in those stories. After all, I'm teaching the same thing to the children of the people they taught. It is cool to be a part of the ancient prophesies of bringing the fullness of the gospel to these people once again. It is wonderful to have such a great calling and to do what I do!

I love you all so much!

Elder Iver Johnson

P.S. Picture: Me and a baby cow. It really wanted to bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment